7.19.2010

Part 1 of the Hitchhikers Anonymous Pentology,

Here is 3 reason's why people should never wear khaki's ever as long as they live. 1.) They look horrible, the color is kind of the same as barf, and when your pants look like barf... just don't wear em'. 2.) They make your legs really hot and sweaty and uncomfortable, but maybe thats a good thing, because you could ruin your khaki's and not be able to wear them again. 3.) This is directed towards to khaki's with the cut-off shorts. You look horrible, the only person who wants to wear you is people at Eli's hit the road camp.

My camp started at 9, when Thomas dropped me off at the drop off tent, just outside of the OMSI building. I stood there, in my sweatshirt and jeans, and tried to look as cool as possible. I would frown and turn around some times and constantly flip my hair. The only thing that was missing was an Ipod, but they wouldn't let us take them with us. I kept mine with me anyway, so I could say that mine was with me. I also had my phone in a pocket in my back pack, also so I could say that I had it.

I ran into some girls that went to a camp last year, with me, but we didn't really talk until the Alpine Slides. Once everyone got to the drop off place, we went to the bathrooms to take a leak before we could no longer take a leak. We got on the bus and the girl counselor proceeded to tell us the schedule for the day. We were going to drive to Mt. Hood and go on the Alpine Slides for and hour and 30 minutes. Than we would go and eat lunch at the amusement park for 30 minutes, and finally we would play there for an hour before we would go back to ISMO, sorry, OMSI.

[fast forward past the part where I sit on the bus for 2 hours and be bored.] We were supposed to get on these really old, blue ski lifts to get to the top off the hill, before we sled back down again. That made me uncomfortable, because these things were ancient. The guy told me to walk on to the painted circle and wait for the ski lift to come and pick me up. I started out really slowly and than, little by little, we got faster. I tried to touch each pole as I went by it, than I heard someone from the seat behind me yell, "HI!" I said hello, back and than she asked me my name and yadayadayada. Than the people in the cart behind her started to talk to me, and it turned out they were the people from the camp, last year. I said hi and we had a loud conversation, considering we were 1 ski lift apart.

Once we got to the top, we got into 2 lines behind 2 slides. I got on the left one. The guy said I could go and so I started to push myself down and before you know it, i'm going fast as hell. It really hurt my arms because you had to push a lever to go fast and my arms were sore from clutching the sides of the ski lift while I was going up. I did that 3 more times before we drove to the amusement park to eat lunch.

I spent the rest of the afternoon playing on a bungie trampoline (hurt my balls) and sliding down a hill in an inner tube and getting sprayed by a sprinkler. On the bus ride back I talked with my friends from the camp last year. Tomorrow I need to get up and 6 to go to camp because we have to get leave early to go wind surfing. All the details, next.

I call this the hitchhikers blog because hit the road, kind of sounds like a hitchhiking camp.

1 comment:

  1. Son, those pants you are talking about are Capri pants. I hate them too..

    ReplyDelete