3.06.2010

March 5th (cough rockets)

For the last week, in our science class we have all been preparing for a big experiment that we were going to do on Friday. It all began on february 27th when our science teacher (Mr. Groom) got a little film canister, put water in it, put am Alka-seltzer in it, shook it and laid it down upside down.
What happened? The canister flew up into the air and shattered one of the light-bulbs on the ceiling. Now we were supposed to learn something from this but the only thing I learned was that energy efficient light-bulbs should spend more money on making there product more durable.
The next week we spent in the computer lab, practicing typing for a big report we were going to do on that. The deal was that we got into a 3 man group, we got 20 Alka-seltzer tablets, a timer and of course water and a canister, and we had to make up a big experiment out of it.
Our groups experiment was how fast would the rocket fly upward depending on how many Alka-seltzer tablets we put in there. I feel like such a nerd telling this to you but to find the velocity you find the time and the distance and you divide the distance by the time... right? The only reason I can remember that is because of STD S (speed)/D (distance)=T (time.) We would measure the speed in CMPS (centimeters per second.)
Now, a week later we actually got on the field and got our hands dirty, and of course Kai said something stupid.
"Hey Eli, you ready to launch these cough rockets?"
"What?"
"These cough rockets, you know Alka-seltzer is to help your throat pain go away."
"Um... no its not," I said.
"God Eli your so stupid," and then he walked away and right now I am so sure he is blogging about how stupid I am that if I found out he wasn't I would eat my pants.
That boy needs help... serious, serious help.

1 comment:

  1. Totally laughing my head off at this blog! You crack me up, Eli!

    ReplyDelete