4.17.2010

A Nice Little Stroll Through the City Of Roses,

Lately I have been thinking about the question "if a tree in the middle of a Forrest falls down and nobody is there, does it make a sound?" My answers have varied a lot lately. In March I thought that it didn't because hearing is something that only humans and animals can do, so if nobody was there it wouldn't make a sound. But now I think that it does because It doesn't matter if nobody is there, if a tree falls it is going to make a hell of a lot of sound. What does everybody think.
Anyway back to recording my life... on Friday i had a nice little day at school. Mr. Bacon was talking to us about our E.P's and how important it was and how it is like 99% of our 4th quarter grade. It turns out that he is going to be going to Japan while we work on our E.P's. I feel really bad now because all the 8th graders get to take 3 weeks off of school to go to Japan. Last year we did it 6 days after school was over. Anyway, we all said goodbye, pretending that we were gong to miss him, when secretly when we got out of the class we started dancing.
In Social Study's we had a sub because our S.S teacher was away at a meeting with Mr. Seigel. We took the Kanji test and everyone took advantage of this and started chewing there gum like crazy. All i heard through that class, besides our sub b****ing away was the sound of gum being chewed really loudly. And the weird thing was that the sub didn't even notice it. At one point we were all trying to chew as loud as we possibly could and she still turned around and looked at the class with a happy look on her face... ah, it feels so good to be taken advantage of.
Math was really, really boring but we did learn how to calculate the volume of a sphere. And lately for our warm up we have had to write instead of just answering the question she asks you. it is scared in my brain V=4/3times3.1415927timesRtimesRtimesR. Uhh. I personally think that our Math teacher should be a host on a talk show, because she always talks in that kind of voice whenever she is telling you directions on a test.
In Science we were doing this thing called walk the line graph and it is like were there is a graph on the computer and we have to walk it, using a motion detector. It was pretty sucky because in my group was Will, the most self centered son of a gun ever.

AFTER SCHOOL:
I got out of school and I was putting my hands in my pockets, looking for my bus money. Not there, not there, not there... not there. Were was my money? I texted my mom and told her about my money problem and she said "okay." I asked what I should do? She didn't know what I was talking about and so I told her on the phone and than she understood what was happening. She told me to start walking on stark. But I didn't know stark all that well so i decided to walk down to her shop on Burnside and so I took of my sweatshirt, put on my Ipod and started walking. I felt like someone in a movie with all the dramatic music and the head twitching and the slow walking. I felt pretty good because I was actually alone and there was no one with me. I also felt like my dad, all walking and walking... and walking.

MY THOUGHTS LATELY:
OMG the blazers are going to the playoffs.
Baseball isn't all that fun.
The pitcher for the Giants looks like a glitched video game.
I am getting better at basketball.
I love my daddy.
WEEEH!

2 comments:

  1. Since sound waves affect more than just the ear drum of a potential listener I am inclined to say that it absolutely makes a sound as long as something capable of being affected by sound waves is in the proximity. Since a tree cannot fall in an absolute vacuum, if it falls, it will make a sound.

    ReplyDelete