5.15.2010

"While in Goldendale,"

Goldendale is a small little town just barely in Washington state. The population of this freakishly small town is 3500 people! That is why I feel good whenever I come down here. I feel like I am adding to the population, making it a bigger and better town. I am confused by this little town, though, because when I am up here visiting grandma everything seems so... weird and set up. But when I meet natives from here that have been here for a while its like living in New York. They trash talk a lot and compared to my experiences here with grandma, its just a little bit confusing.

One funy thing that is going to be happening today, is that there is going to be a big funeral for somebody that died in the war. And as it turns out 2 bus fulls of army men will be attending. A lot of army men+family+singers+pastor greg+small church=total and complete awesomeness. But wait I'm not over yet. There is a group of guys coming down from Tennessee to PROTEST the war while the funeral is happening!!!!Just imagine coming to a funeral in a small town in a very small church with 100 people AND protesters in the background! I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment