6.11.2010

The 2nd to Last Day of School,

Before I start to rant and rave about how stupid the school is for making the last day of school next week, in the middle of the week, Just want to take a minute to say that 8th graders are really loud and that I hate August... hi August, I hope your having fun with your best Skinny Jeans award and satisfied with making my back hurt so much by plunging your shoe into it... all will be explained in good time, Reader.

Anyway, back to the point, some people imagine the last day of school as people walking out of school, smiling with there arms up handing out there pen and a yearbook for people to sign. Reality check people. Even though today wasn't technically the last day of school it was the PPS equivalent of the last day of school and here is what happened. As soon as the bell rang everybody ran out of the classrooms and started to yell at the top of there lungs. Holy crap where did my ear go. Oh wait I ripped it off as soon as David came over to me and said, "man this is great," and it was funny because it was actually the first time I couldn't hear David, but Dvid+other noises=Eli ripping off his ear. At this point I would like to note that, that makes me 1 more step closer to being a genius... like Van Gogh. Lol.

Let me fill you in on how all of this happened. In Japanese and Social Study's we were finishing up watching peoples videos and so that was just like anything else. Once we got to math we went immediately to Mr. Grooms room for a light bulb drop. This was rad because the day before we made contraptions that were supposed to make our light bulb be delivered safely from a 4 meter lift to the ground...our thing was so cool and we were so sure that ours was going to work but that, to will all be explained in good time.

When we got to his room it was all weird because the desks were gone and replacing them was 4 rows of chairs. It was like a giant ocean of chairs. I tried to get the best seat that I could but I ended up having to sit in the 2nd row. Mr. Groom was going to drop them in order of the classes that he see's so first 3rd period and than 7th and 8th. We were told that the peoples bulbs that were going to be dropped had to sit in the first to rows, so I had to give up my totally awesome seat to go sit in the back, where I couldn't see and darn thing.

The whole audience "woahed," when ever they heard the shattering of the bulb, except of course the group who dropped it. For them it was an emotional upset and afterwards they all looked like they needed counseling. I always went up to them and told them that it wasn't a big deal, but they always told me to shut up.

The time finally came for us to drop ours. We were so sure that it was going to work because we had a genius plan that the scissors would absorb all the shock, but obviously the bulb had experienced more shock because 3 or 4 seconds after it was drop we heard a dramatic shatter and than the popping of balloons... to bad. The rest of that was basically history and so we had advisory and than lunch and than we went to the cafeteria for the community celebration.

I arrived to the sound of justin Biebers hit, Baby, playing on the stereo and that was also the cause as to why I tore off my ear. I got a glass of water and began to sign yearbooks. The thing I said on the yearbooks was "because i'll be famous -Eli," and than everybody would be all like "pff, yeah right," oh those people will see. We were all rocking out to a B.O.B song when we were bombarded by a bunch of non-jmp d-bags.

We all looked up at Mr. Bacon and he said "oh crap," on the mic and than said "i am so sorry, I thought that I signed my name on the sheet," and than the teacher leading the other group looked at him like he was crazy. He told us to all meet up in Mr. Grooms class and so we all walked back to Groom's room and sat down. He told us that we all needed to move the tables out and put shairs out because we were about to have 130 people in 1 room and that is never good.

I chose a chair way in the back with all my friends and we started this puppy off.

We started off by announcing the winners of the citizenship award and of course my name was not called so i didn't get a poorly hand drwn picture of a guy holding a trophy with my name on it. Toooo baaaaaad. After that they started doing this thing called the "wacky" awards. They started to give out awards to people. Just to show you how stupid these were here is a sample. Best Swimmer. Best Handwriting. Most Crazy. Best Skinny Jeans. And August went crazy when he won that. He started jumping up and down and he was so pumped that he decided to come sit behind me.

He asked me if it was okay if he put his foot on my chair and when he did he completely jabbed it into my back. It was like this through the rest of the wacky awards and some of the slideshow until I moved. Some of you are asking why i didn't just ask him to move his foot? Because I can't just ask that to an 8th grader, it will make me seem bad and not help me be considered "cool" amoung there pack who they like to call, "the fresh boyz,"
.
After all that we put the tables back and unloaded our locker and than I began the trip to grandma;s house. Dun Dun Dun.... It began with Kayla waving at my grandma and my grandma waved back, a little creeped out. I couldn't blame her. When I got in the car she asked me if Kayla was mental. I said yes. F.Y.I she really isn't and if Kayla is reading this... um... anyway.

After about 20 minutes of driving and talking she hadn't pulled out the Mary Higgins Clark Audiobook out yet and it was a little weird. She than told me that it was in a hard to reach bag under all her suit cases and she told me it would be really hard to get. Remind me to never trust grandma again because it was so easy to get, that I bet Jasper could have gotten it.

Well we are all out of time... bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment