6.08.2010

Italic's...

Does anyone want to know why, I am using the italic's setting while I am writing. Well to tell you the truth they came out with the new blogs of note and guess what? mine wasn't there, but there was a new blog on there called Girl and Guitar and they were always using italics and it really annoyed me but I am going to try to do it and see what happens. Obviously the blog is still the same it is just that there is italics everywhere.

Anyway, besides that I want to tell everyone about the all important 3rd part of the Expert Project... the Movie or "documentary" if you will, even though none of anyones documentary weren't even close to the island of Around the Idea of a Documentary. So the whole thing went like this. Mr. Musashino would go on stage and introduce the next person and than the crowd would clap and the person would go on stage, give pre-written speech that Mr. Bacon wrote and than they would play his/her movie and it would all be done and good. There were 3 main days where we were going to show the documentary but it seems like we are going to bleed into a 4th day because we didn't finish the list for today. I, stupidly, decided to sign up to do it on the first day, today.

I felt really stressed and nervous. I hadn't even memorized the whole thing and I was the 11th person to do it today. Right as the whole thing started I started to practice the speech over and over and after the 5th or 6th person i was so ready it wasn't even funny. If I could have done it right after that feeling I would have kicked ass on stage and afterwards everyone would come up to me and say "oh Eli that was the best pre-written speech that you didn't write but you performed it, ever," and I would say "little boy... you can be as good as me to, all it takes it practice," and than I would sign his forehead and do it again.

For the next few video's I totally lost my mojo. I was starting to get paranoid and I could stop telling julian how nervous I was and he kept telling me to shut up. At this point I was scared as hell but I reassured myself and told myself that we were still on the 9th one and it would be okay. And than I looked at the sign and discovered something that would change my day forever. I WAS NEXT!!!! I looked at Julian and said I am next and cursed a lot and he said "yes!" because apparently he really wanted to see mine.

The movie before mine was really fast and quicker than I knew it the teacher was on stage introducing me. As soon as he got off the stage and walked to the comuter, i got off the bench and started to waddle over to the stage. A carefully stepped up the step because I knew that when I get nervous I am really clumsy. Once I got up there I waved and I heard some people in the crowd yelling my name and saying "yeah" and that kind of made me feel better, but on the scale that Air Resistance effects a tennis ball in my hand.

As soon as I heard my voice in the mic i knew that my life was over, my humanity was gone and my courage and stick to attitude were gone faster than a roman candle on the 4th of July. I knew that I had to finish it. But i couldn't i was embarrassing myself in front of everyone that I have known since the beginning of my school career. The worst thing wasn't that I was embarrassing myself, the worst part of it was that I knew that I was embarrassing myself. I know that no one knows japanese but i pretty much forgot the whole middle so in English it sounded like "hi...bye" and than I got off stage and everyone applauded and i was thinking that maybe I didn't mess up, but when I got in my seat Julian hastily reminded me that I sucked so much on stage.

The good part was that when my video came on everybody loved it. The big thing was that I was interviewing myself. The story is that i found out that my filming partner Milo was a suckish excuse of an actor so I knew that I had to improvise. # days before we started filming I came up with the idea that i could interview myself, i could wear a costume for being the host and than I could to a costume change for when I was Neil Young. For the host my costume was Sweatshirt and Jeans and for Neil Young my costume was an Oregon Ducks shirt and a cowboy hat that my mom dug out of her closet.

The cool thing is that on Friday we are doing a thing called the Taborsan Academy Awards and it is where they have category's and they give you a mini oscar if you win and I totally think that I am going to win one. I saw Musahino Sensei when he was grading me and he was watching the movie and smiling and the only other one that he had smiled to had been Owen and Sam's video and there's was by far the best video out of all of the video's ever.

When Musashino Sensei got on stage to introduce the next person he said that it was weird and he thought he saw the same face on 2 different people. I am still praying to God that he was joking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eli. I love your blog because it makes me smile because you have such a great sense of humor and irony in writing because you are a smart & funny guy because you are my nephew because you are my sister's son because....well, that's enough because's. Thanks for writing your blog and telling your stories!

    ReplyDelete